Are you curious about your running form and how to move more efficiently? We offer evaluation sessions to break down and analyze your running form.
Investing in this analysis will set you up to become a better runner for life and could potentially save you money in the long run through the prevention of running injuries.
We also have a similar form analysis for high school and middle school sprinters. (See below)
Runners ($75 – one hour session)
There is no such thing as perfect running form. Each runner is unique.
Efficient running form, on the other hand, will maximize your running potential, reduce fatigue, and help you reduce the chance of developing running injuries. Poor training is the other major cause of running injuries and we can help with that too should you choose to work with us later (Optional).
Using slow-motion video analysis, we will examine dozens of key total body checkpoints as you run at various paces. Here are just a few of the things that we look at:
- We check whether you are overstriding by looking at where your foot is striking the ground in relation to your body. For example, does your foot strike under your hips, or out in front of your knee. The latter is bad as this is known as braking and it not only slows you down but causes your body (especially your knees and hips) to absorb more ground contact force than necessary creating a much higher risk of injury.
- We check for under-striding (shuffling)
- We look for weakness and overactive/underactive muscles. If you sit more than a few hours per day for school or work, there is a high probability you have some muscle imbalances.
- We look at your overall running form, vertical displacement, head/shoulder placement, footstrike, upper body, and cadence.
- We look at core/leg strength, as well as balance and stability using a series of dynamic and static postural and strength assessments.
This is an evaluation-only session that is designed to help you identify any potential issues. While we will provide advice along the way for simple things you can do, we may recommend additional coaching, if needed, as many things can’t be corrected in a single session but rather through training modifications and drills. Don’t worry, you will never be pressured to get additional coaching.
I’m in! How do I sign up?
Use our contact form to email us and we will set you up for your in-person appointment along with a link to our secure payment portal. We hold all sessions in Lewis Center, OH. Please indicate whether you are seeking a sprinting form assessment or a running form assessment
Sprinters ($100 – 90 minute session)
This 90-minute session uses a combination of strength and running assessments along with slow-motion video analysis to break down your sprinting form. We focus on both standing and starting block start techniques as well as proper running form, explosive power techniques, and reactionary drills so you can maximize your speed, power, and sprinting efficiency.
This is an evaluation session only, however, we will show you techniques that you can use to improve your form and race starts. For those who want to continue with us to get faster and even better at sprinting we recommend our 1:1 speed coaching, however, you will never be pressured to seek out coaching.
I’m in! How do I sign up?
Use our contact form to email us and we will set you up for your in-person appointment along with a link to our secure payment portal. We hold all sessions in Lewis Center, OH, or Westerville OH. Please indicate whether you are seeking a sprinting form assessment or a running form assessment